What you need to play the game of power:
- A few thousand politicos to fool the masses
- A few thousand journalists to bullshit the masses
- A few thousand judges to protect the criminal system against arguments
Hey, you believers in Relativism, you are in good company. You are merely a “cosmic bacterium — Adolf Hitler
kita udah dewasa, mari bertopeng, jangan hanya menuruti ego pribadi —
dapet dari twitter tapi lupa siapa yg ngetweet.
let’s pretend to be happy all the time
Pergilah, jelajahi dunia, lihatlah dan carilah kebenaran dan rahasia-rahasia hidup; niscaya jalan apapun yang kaupilih akan mengantarkanmu menuju titik awal. Sumber kebenaran dan rahasia hidup akan kautemukan di titik nol perjalananmu. Perjalanan panjangmu tidak akan mengantarmu ke ujung jalan, justru akan membawamu kembali ke titik permulaan.
Pergilah untuk kembali, mengembaralah untuk menemukan jalan pulang. Sejauh apapun kakimu melangkah, engkau pasti akan kembali ke titik awal. — Paulo Coelho, dalam “The Alchemist” (via pinguin-sakti)
One day our grandchildren will go to museums to see what poverty was like.
Each of us has much more hidden inside us than we have had a chance to explore. Unless we create an environment that enables us to discover the limits of our potential, we will never know what we have inside of us.
We create institutions and policies on the basis of the way we make assumptions about us and others. We accept the fact that we will always have poor people around us. So we have had poor people around us. If we had believed that poverty is unacceptable to us, and that it should not belong to a civilized society, we would have created appropriate institutions and policies to create a poverty-free world.
Each individual person is very important. Each person has tremendous potential. She or he alone can influence the lives of others within the communities, nations, within and beyond her or his own time.
- Accept Everything Just The Way It Is.
- Do Not Seek Pleasure For It’s Own Sake.
- Do Not, Under Any Circumstances, Depend On A Partial Feeling.
- Think Lightly Of Yourself And Deeply Of The World.
- Be Detached From Desire Your Whole Life Long.
- Do Not Regret What You Have Done.
- Never Be Jealous.
- Never Let Yourself Be Saddened By A Separation.
- Resentment And Complaint Are Appropriate Neither For Oneself Nor Others.
- Do Not Let Yourself Be Guided By The Feeling Of Lust Or Love.
- In All Things Have No Preferences.
- Be Indifferent To Where You Live.
- Do Not Pursue The Taste Of Good Food.
- Do Not Hold On To Possessions You No Longer Need.
- Do Not Act Following Customary Beliefs.
- Do Not Collect Weapons Or Practice With Weapons Beyond What Is Useful.
- Do Not Fear Death.
- Do Not Seek To Possess Either Goods Or Fiefs For Your Old Age.
- Respect Buddha And The Gods Without Counting On Their Help.
- You May Abandon Your Own Body But You Must Preserve Your Honour.
- Never Stray From The Way.
“”If all you can do with them is hurt others, you don’t deserve your swords.” - Miayamoto Musashi